Has your Amazon store hit $20k/month consistently?
Do your products have at least 50 reviews?
If not then consider these 4 Pillars
Earlier this year at Expo West’s State-of-the-Industry seminar, this slide caught my eye:
We believe navigating the planet’s largest online retailer should be at the heart of a sales and marketing strategy for all specialty brands.
Amazon’s Grocery & Gourmet category continues exploding — your challenge and opportunity. We’ve helped dozens of brands launch and optimize their storefronts using this 4 Pillar plan to improve sales, branding, and engagement.
From exquisite Greek olive oil, to unique nutraceutical chocolates — even cognitive brain supplements, we’ve found if you implement these Pillars you’ll be on the right path.
A snapshot of your storefront & Amazon-specific brand plan
How are your product SKUs listed and organized?
Optimizing your base product with size and flavor variations (called parentage) ensures a proper parent-child foundation for your products and will also consolidate product reviews.
Determine your best price & case pack
What’s the optimum case-pack size? How are your competitors selling and what’s their Amazon rank? Aggressively-priced variety packs typically induce more trial.
If your shipping charges are higher than the product SRP, you may want to think about having a fixed price with shipping.
Apply for Amazon Brand Registry
It’s free as a 3rd Party Seller and can be done sometimes within a week. If you have a registered trademark, Brand Registry approval helps:
• Strengthen control of your storefront & page content
• Enhance distribution enforcement of unwanted sellers
• Enable you to create free Enhanced Brand Content
• Allow you to design a personalized Amazon Stores Page
How Amazon discovers your product & how shoppers find you
Use SEO keywords correctly via a tool such as SEM Rush so Amazon’s A9 algorithm will index them. Research relevant keywords and phrases to support your brand’s product. It’ll lead to more shoppers finding you in the ocean of products.
Make sure your listing includes relevant keywords in these key areas:
• Your main Product title
• About-the-Product bullets
• Text-based product description
• Search terms in the backend
Helping increase conversions with optimized product content
Are you celebrating your brand or throwing up copy? Consumer data these days points to shoppers not wanting to be sold to – but connecting with your brand and company.
BUYability means benefit-driven copy and a compelling story. Connect with your buyers viscerally and through their tastebuds. Get them to salivate and it’ll lead to higher page conversions. Check out this before-&-after for Chile Crunch:
Convey your brand using amazing photos – even with text-over photos. Tell your story in pictures and connect with people discovering your product.
EVIVA collagen elixir incorporates beautiful lifestyle photos
Write Effective Product Descriptions
Is it well-written or just a blob of words? Well-written and enticing copy – infused with HTML and SEO keywords improve page conversion. Implement these tactics:
• Use gorgeous product & lifestyle photos to tell your brand story
• Make your About the Product bullets no more than 88 characters
• Use HTML & keywords for your text-based Product Description copy
• Write casually in the 1st person & share how people enjoy your product
• Use Enhanced Brand Content & build out your Amazon Stores brand page
Olive oil company Kofinas used Enhanced Brand Content to tell their brand’s story
Remember, improving BUYability isn’t just for Amazon shoppers. Distributors, grocery buyers, mom and pops, and other retailers consider your product pages in researching products.
Improve the value of your products offering to Amazon shoppers
Amazon determines your product’s rank based on sales, reviews, pricing, shipment method, and availability. Consider these tactics:
• Revise your price with free shipping bundled in to your price
• Re-list your products via correct parentage to consolidate reviews
• Once a sale occurs, create automated e-mails to ask for reviews
• Optimize your Amazon fulfillment plan (Prime or Merchant Fulfilled)
• Implement Amazon Sponsored Ads, Headline Search Ads, & Promos
Some Last Words
By thinking about your Amazon store with these 4 Pillars in mind, you’ll set the table to exceed the $20k in sales per month and 50 product reviews plateau.
We’ll breakdown these Pillars in upcoming posts so stay tuned. And we’ll share insights and examples of more awesome specialty brands we’ve worked with.
And if you’re not sure how to implement these ideas, reach out to us: email us at email@example.com!